Last updated:
2018-07-20, 09:43 AM
Changelog
Changelog White Background
The changelog contains more information about recently added features and fixes/tweaks!
If hidden this panel will appear when there's been a new update. It will then hide itself again on the next reload.
Visual Options
Show replies
Show hidden comments
Select Language: Help with translating!
Hide/Show
Railcraft Boiler Fuel Calculator
Railcraft Boiler Fuel Calculator Comments
Bug? Praise? Hate? Tip? Suggestion? Request?
Doesn't matter! Anything is welcome with the following caveats:
Non-constructive comments may be hidden (can click above to show hidden comments).
Spam will be removed. Repeat offenders may be IP-banned. Bans currently last 24 hours.
When a new comment is posted Forecaster will automatically receive an email!
If you are reporting a bug, please include the url to the page where you found it! That will make it a lot easier for me to fix it and confirm that it is fixed!

If you use the comment panel the url of the current page will be included automatically!
Submit new comment:
Category: General | Bug | Suggestion | Question |
Your email address will not be displayed or otherwise publicly available to anyone.
Anti-spam measure: What is the name of the creator of Railcraft?
Category Filter:
General | Bug | Not A Bug | Squished Bug | Suggestion | Rejected | Completed | Question |
#163 - Submitted on 2015-03-21, 06:03 PM as Squished Bug by f3043886
Hello!

Got a question about the amount of fuel I need. v6.17.0.0 fuellist. Got 3x3x3 HP boiler running on Biofuel. In heatup mode it says it needs 17.49 buckets to heat up (ridiculous) from 20 starting heat. In Fuel sim mode if I input 500 buckets of biofuel it says, it needs 254.97 buckets for heat up.
So, what's up?
Thank you for your answer!

Eastar1
#164 - Submitted on 2015-03-21, 06:03 PM in response to #163 by Forecaster
Not sure, I'll have to investigate after I've upgraded the fuel data system.
#165 - Submitted on 2015-03-22, 01:03 PM in response to #164 by 0c8d8afa
Will this issue be resolved? I found a comment (#140) from 2013 mentioning this same problem. You said it would be fixed soon. Should I just turn on my boiler or will it be fixed in the very near future?
#166 - Submitted on 2015-03-22, 04:03 PM in response to #165 by Forecaster
In the referenced comment I say "I will take a look soon.", not that it would be fixed soon. However I most likely thought I'd fixed it (and probably forgot to mark the bug-report as squished).

It will be resolved this time. I know for a fact that the modes use exactly the same functions, which are almost straight ports from Railcraft code. This issue is likely somewhere in the mode specific code since it causes different modes to give different values. It's just a matter of combing through the boiler code and tracking down the issue.

Unfortunately right now I also need to re-install my computer to sort out some issues. This may cause some delays, but I should have things sorted soon and hopefully have this bug found and squished within the next few days!
#167 - Submitted on 2015-03-24, 01:03 PM in response to #163 by Forecaster
Ah, right. This didn't occur to me.

That fuel-list uses the old boiler system. It's been ages since I last touched those parts of the code...

I also have no frame of reference for what the values should be for those versions.

I can't really do anything about this right now. I'd first have to re-install my computer so Minecraft will work again, then get an old version of railcraft and get reference values out of a boiler. Then debug old code in the calculator using the reference values.
#168 - Submitted on 2015-04-19, 12:04 AM in response to #163 by Forecaster
So I finally got around to taking a look at some of the issues, and it turns out that the fuel function for version 1 (RC 8.2 and prior) was way off. There was a line missing at the end that was supposed to multiply the result by the number of tanks before returning it. This has now been fixed.

I also found a line in Fuel Simulation mode that forced it to always use version 2 of the fuel function, which is what caused heatup mode and fuel sim to show different heatup costs when you were using fuel list 8.2 or lower. Sorry about that.
#185 - Submitted on 2017-02-11, 04:02 PM in response to #168 by 956b211b
Thank you! Greatly appreciated! :)

Eastar1
This calculator will tell you how much fuel of a certain type is needed to heat up a cold boiler to it's maximum temperature (Heatup Only), or tell you how long it will run with the given fuel (Fuel Simulation) or finally tell you how much fuel is required to keep the boiler running a set time (Time Simulation).
A few noteworthy things:
This calculator was written by Forecaster for the Minecraft mod Railcraft by CovertJaguar, based on formulas provided by the author.
The formula for calculating fuel usage can be found on the Railcraft Wiki.
Times are directly converted from ticks, this unless your server/client always run at peak tickrate (unlikely) times will vary slightly.
Fules values are kept up to date with the latest public Railcraft release. (Fuels from other mods are kept up to date as best I can.)
If you have a question, an issue or a feature suggestion (such as a specific fuel) you can post a comment and I will reply!